This position is to provide sales representation for the Pflaum Publishing Group within the Dioceses of Indiana, Illinois, and Milwaukee, and to grow sales of all Pflaum products by providing an expanding presence to the Catholic Religious Education Market. Pflaum Publishing Group is a division of Bayard Inc., a national educational publishing and media company exclusively serving the K-12 education market.
The Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following:
1. To increase revenue for the Pflaum Publishing Group within the territory
- To actively pursue parish and school sales in the territory.
- To develop territory plans and strategies and participate in the creation and execution of regional plans for an increase in sales for The Pflaum Gospel Weeklies—the principal product for Pflaum. To also develop plans for the Sacramental Preparation product and other potential high volume product.
- To develop and maintain the sales budget for the assigned territory.
- To maintain good relations with the key diocesan personnel within the territory.
- To coordinate with inside sales activities within the territory.Relationship with Inside Sales
2. Relationship with Inside Sales
- Because teamwork between the field sales in a region and the inside sales department is an essential element of success, the Sales Representative will maintain a good working relationship with the representative or representatives who service their territory.
3. Interaction with Director of Sales
- To create a weekly written report.
- To attend in person or by phone key meetings on marketing, sales, customer service, and product development as required.
- To collaborate with the Director of Sales, on the development of sales strategies, priorities, policies, and goals.
- To attend conferences that occur within the territory.
- To provide market news, information, and feedback to Director of Sales, to inside sales, to marketing, and to product development.
The successful candidate will have minimum of two years successful sales experience and minimum of 3-5 years’ pastoral, catechetical, or parochial school ministry experience. Must have a current driver’s license and personal vehicle and be able to travel 3-4 days per week and work occasional weekends. Ability to speak Spanish a plus but not necessary.
Note on Location: This position demands that the Sales Representative live within the territory assigned. As a general rule, the Sales Representative will operate out of his or her home.