Good Counsel, a pro-life organization, is more than a home, it’s a new beginning. We provide housing for pregnant women, new moms and their babies while we teach them to become self-sufficient.
Through our programs, every woman receives the life skills training she needs to never be homeless again.
We value the dignity of human life, integrity, excellence, respect, inclusivity and collaboration.
We are seeking a maintenance worker to maintain a safe and comfortable home for our residents, children and staff. This position reports to the House Manager and provides preventative maintenance and repairs.
- SAFETY: Ensure the safety and security of all doors, fire prevention and alert systems, kitchen, electrical outlets, tools and safety gates on all stairs.
- INTERIOR MAINTENANCE: Experience with painting, plastering, tiling, sheet rocking, cleaning Venetian Blinds, scrubbing and waxing tile floors, shampooing carpeted areas, maintaining and repairing household appliances, water heater, plumbing and electrical systems.
- EXTERIOR MAINTENANCE OF THE BUILDING: Yard work, cleaning, painting, leaves and snow removal, controlling litter, cleaning the outside of the windows.
- CLEANLINESS: Maintain a sanitary environment including garbage cans, cleaning the organization’s car, air conditioners, washing machines and dryers and other areas of the home.
- STEWARDSHIP: Accurate recordkeeping and timely requests for maintenance petty cash, assessing the necessity and cost of major repairs, obtaining bids and estimates, transporting excess donations to other Good Counsel homes, assisting to move residents into their apartments attending all staff meetings and being on call for emergencies within the residence.
The ideal candidate:
- MUST be 100% committed to the organization’s pro-life mission.
- Preparing scopes of work for sub contracted work, layouts and cost estimates 1 year preferred
- Experience working and collaborating with sub contractors.
- Knowledge of the best practices and basic techniques of the trades to complete repairs.
- Familiar with trade tools and equipment for the various trades.
- MUST have a valid driver’s license and be willing to travel between agency facilities.
- MUST pass criminal and child safety background checks.
- High school diploma or GED.
- Health insurance: Medical, Dental and Vision
- 20 benefit days and 8 sick days
- 1 hour paid prayer time per day.