Looking to put your ministry skills to use for the mission of the Church? St. Cecilia Parish is looking for someone like you to join our team. Your passion and skills will drive children's formation and evangelization.
Who We Are
We are a Catholic parish passionate about faith formation and evangelization. We are process-driven, not program-driven. We believe that the surest way to advance the Gospel is through one-on-one, intentional relationships and we seek to be a center of formation for the laity so that they are empowered to do the work of evangelization in the world.
Your Typical Day Here
• Oversee classroom faith formation for Pre-Kinder through 5th grade as well as our Montessori-based Catechesis of the Good Shepherd program.
• Recruit and manage a volunteer staff of 30+ catechists and assistants.
• Plan and execute First Communion preparation.
• Foster a culture of prayer for children in the classroom as well as catechists.
• Nurture intentional relationships through frequent one-on-one meetings at coffee shops and restaurants with catechists, volunteers, and parents in the parish.
• Provide coaching and other opportunities for continued formation and growth to catechists and parents.
What You Need
We are looking for a proactive and results-oriented individual with the following attributes:
Commitment - Deeply passionate about the mission of our parish to draw people into a deeper encounter with Jesus through prayer and to share that encounter with others through the apostolate of evangelization.
Coachability - We want to grow in holiness and are continually looking for ways to improve, seek out best practices, and add value to our parish and those whom we serve.
Awareness - Our work relies on developing healthy, constructive relationships with fellow team members, staff, and parishioners. True awareness of self and others allows us to nurture these relationships and work together to harmoniously achieve our mission.
In addition -
• Eager to monitor personal key metrics in order to identify best practices and sustain high performance standards.
• High emotional intelligence.
• Exceptional written and verbal communication skills.
• Ability to multi-task, detail oriented.
• Ability to be agile and adjust to ever changing priorities and conditions.
• Independent self-starter, willing to "go the extra mile" in all that you do.
Must also be a practicing Catholic, in good standing.
What We Have To Offer
• Competitive compensation
• Cost-shared health benefits
• Discounted tuition (PreK-5th grade school)
• A fun working environment
• Perpetual Adoration
Position reports to the Director of Faith Formation.
Please send a resume and cover letter outlining your philosophy of ministry to Katie Patrizio, Director of Faith Formation at firstname.lastname@example.org. Please send both the resume and cover letter as a single PDF document, cover letter first.
Please also send two letters of reference to either the above email address.