Christ the King Parish
Job Description: Parish Administrative Assistant
- Full Time
- Days per week: M-F
- Status: Non Exempt
Reports to: Pastor and/or Parish Business Manager
Prepare the weekly parish bulletin and records all sacraments and funerals in the appropriate parish books. Answer phones and assist all who come to the door.
Major Areas of Responsibility:
- Prepares the weekly parish bulletin.
- Records all sacraments and funerals as required by the church’s laws in appropriate parish books and the web-based program P.A.S.T. (Parish Archival Sacramental Tool)
- Answers phones and assists with secretarial work for all who require that service.
- Organizes the office functions to promote smooth operation of the parish business
- Supports Parish Business Manager in financial management of the parish
- Maintains all parish information in the Parish Data System (PDS). Enters collection data.
- Collects and posts employee information for payroll into PayCore
- Maintains calendar for the church, pastor and staff
- Prepares the weekly bulletin and submits it for printing by noon on Wednesday. Holy weeks require it be submitted by noon on Tuesday.
- Types up General Intercessions and announcements for each weekend and places them in appropriate binders.
- Fills out funeral planning sheet whenever there is a call from the funeral home.
- Prepares parish mailing when needed
- Keeps pastor and business manager informed on all matters the need their attention
- Sorts the daily mail
- Refers all request for baptisms to Pastor
- Refers all requests for marriage to the Pastor
- Keeps office in good order
- Maintains all office equipment and supplies as needed
- Types and copies material as requested
- Performs other responsibilities as assigned
Qualifications & Education:
- A minimum of 3 years’ experience in secretarial skills and customer service
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Products (Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook)
- Bookkeeping and accounting expertise is desired
- Has an understanding of the Catholic faith.
- Able to multi-task and manage priorities
Regular weekday hours with some flex for weekend or evening meetings required. Flex hours scheduled in advance.
Confidentiality & Ethics
Staff acknowledges that the church has and will have information regarding matters such as personal, spiritual, financial and ethical issues involving members of the parish communities, as well as members of the clergy and others within the Diocese of Gaylord. Staff will not at any time or in any manner, either directly or indirectly, divulge, share or communicate any such information to any party without consent of supervising Pastor and/or Administrator. Staff will protect any such information and keep it confidential. A violation by staff of this paragraph shall be a direct violation of the job expectation and will justify legal and /or equitable release. By signing this Position Description, the staff acknowledges his or her agreement and understanding of this statement of confidentiality, thereby agreeing to abide by the statements.