Overall responsibility for the parish engagement and stewardship programs to advance St. Joseph's mission and ministries. This includes the daily execution of all elements of a strategic plan, including one-on-one meetings with parishioners, communication & education, stewardship, parishioner engagement and accountability, fundraising, goal setting and reporting.
The Parish Engagement Director will establish and cultivate donor relationships, promoting a culture of engagement and stewardship in the parish.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
• Develop a culture of engagement, stewardship, and accountability that inspires parishioners to share their time, talent, and treasure in support of St. Joseph's.
• Cultivate donor relationships at all levels and work to raise the giving levels of all donors.
• Meets with every parish family to review the financial status of the parish, review the parishioner's giving level and ask for an increase based on the overall parish needs.
• Educates and communicates to parishioners the use of funds towards the mission of the parish and school.
• Collaborates with the pastor, parish & school staff, Parish Council, Finance Council and Stewardship Committee to develop and implement a multi-year parish engagement plan.
• Integrates into parish and school organizations such as School Family Association, Stewardship Committee, etc.
• Establishes goals and benchmarks, and then executes toward those goals, for all fundraising programs including parish stewardship program, school fundraising appeals and activities, parish capital campaigns and endowment activities.
• Fosters an attitude of collaboration and Christ-like behavior across all constituencies, especially within the parish and school offices.
• Tracks and reports the results of stewardship efforts and parishioner meetings on a timely and effective basis.
• The Engagement Director must have a love for, and understanding of, the immense value and importance of Catholic grade school education. Specifically, must embrace authentic stewardship and low tuition as the model for sustainable school funding.
• Able to articulate the values and the mission of St. Joseph's.
• Self-motivated, able to nurture relationships with donors and demonstrate an ability to ask for donor support.
• Ability to invite active and prospective supporters for gifts / increased giving face-to-face.
• Solid interpersonal, written and verbal communication skills, with the knowledge and ability to use various software programs and electronic media in communicating our mission and activities in the parish and the greater community.
• Able to use various software programs to maintain accurate and timely donor records and maintain an efficient process to communicate effectively with donors.
• Strong teamwork and collaborative skills, working effectively with various colleagues across the parish and school.
Required Education & Experience:
• Position requires a practicing Catholic; a parishioner of St. Joseph's is desired but not required.
• The candidate must have a keen appreciation of the values and traditions of Catholic doctrine and moral teachings.
• Prefer Bachelor's degree, with five (5) years of experience in sales, customer relationship management, fundraising, communications, business management, or similar leadership roles.
Position Reports to Parish Pastor.
Position Status: Full Time-Exempt, Salaried. Position schedule will follow parish office calendar with evening and weekend hours as needed to accomplish position goals.
Job Type: Full-time
•Lincoln, NE (Required)