Director of High School Youth Ministry
Area of Focus: New Evangelization and Missionary Discipleship for Youth Grades 6-12 with particular attention to High School Grades 9-12.
Our Lady of Perpetual Help is a vibrant parish of 1,300 families in the Archdiocese of Baltimore. As we respond to the call of the new evangelization, we are committed to forming missionary disciples who have encountered the Lord Jesus, experienced conversion of heart, and have made a commitment to follow Jesus in daily life and to the living out of their mission.
We are seeking an energetic and passionate individual to serve as our Youth Minister. In this role you will focus primarily, but not exclusively, on youth in grades 9-12, designing and leading a comprehensive youth ministry program that evangelizes high school teens and forms them as missionary disciples, including preparation for the Sacrament of Confirmation. The Director Youth Ministry and the Director of High School Ministry work together as a team to provide care for all of our youth in grades 6-12.
This position reports to the Director of Youth Ministry, who has overall responsibility for Grades 6-12, with particular focus on Grades 6-8. Together, both positions will work closely in collaboration for the sake of forming our youth as Missionary Disciples.
The Assistant Director requirements:
- Be an active, committed, faith-filled Roman Catholic.
- Possess a solid understanding of the Catholic Faith and adhere to all the teachings of the Catholic Church.
- Passionately teach and share the Catholic Faith.
- Possess strong organizational, communication and leadership skills.
- Recruit and train a volunteer team to assist in ministry.
- Collaborate with the parish team in fulfilling the mission and vision of the parish.