The dynamic parish of Saint William Catholic Church is seeking a motivated, faith-filled individual for the Coordinator of Youth Ministry position. This person would join a youth ministry team of three staff members, composed of the Director of Youth Ministry and 2 Coordinators of Youth Ministry, as well as an amazing staff of highly qualified ministry leaders. Under the direction of the Director of Youth Ministry and in line with the vision of the Pastor, the Coordinator of Youth Ministry will empower the teens to become missionary disciples. Our parish is culturally rich and bilingual Spanish / English is highly encouraged for this position.
The Coordinator for Youth Ministry should be Hungry, Humble, & Smart. The Coordinator should hunger for growth of young disciples in our church as well as hunger for personal and leadership improvement through formation. The Coordinator should lead as a humble model of what a living witness should be, and should steward their gifts along with those of the parish to accomplish the goal of building young disciples. As a team player, the coordinator will be an active part of a staff encouraging and supporting the goal of the parish to bring people to heaven.
The Coordinator for Youth Ministry is a full time position with work requirements ranging from days, evenings, and weekends. Some overnight work may be required with retreats and conferences.
- All duties as assigned
- Middle School formation
- Sacramental preparation, which could include RCIA and / or Confirmation
- High School formation
- Communication with Parents, Youth, and Staff
- Recruit, empower, equip, and lead volunteers
- Participate in staff and diocesan formation gatherings
- Marketing, communication, and administrative tasks associated with an active youth ministry
- Participate in faith formation and parish wide endeavors
- Executes comprehensive youth ministry based on the USCCB document, Renewing the Vision: A Framework for Catholic Youth Ministry
- Adhere to all copyright laws for publications, music, and media
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Ability to provide excellent customer service and work effectively with staff, clergy, religious, and laity
- Ability to operate various word-processing software, spreadsheets, and database programs
- Ability to communicate effectively across various platforms
- Organize and maintain data, records, documents
- Proficiency in Social Media in line with the USCCB’s Social Media Guidelines
- Ability to organize, prioritize, and utilize effective time management techniques
- Ability to maintain confidentiality at all times
- Ability to carry out multiple tasks and meet deadlines
- Ability to follow instructions furnished in a verbal or written format
- Ability to operate Microsoft Word, Excel, Publisher, Outlook, PowerPoint programs as well as the ability to learn parish software
- Ability to work in a multi-cultural parish serving various cultures and a wide range of age groups
- Knowledge of Roman Catholic teachings and parish structure
- Ability to lift 20 pounds.
- Practicing Catholic
- 2 years of work related experience
- Certified in the Diocese of Austin Ethics and Integrity in Ministry program within 60 days of employment and maintain certification throughout the employment period.
- Proficiency in MS Office Suite
- Bilingual (English/Spanish) – Strongly Preferred
How to Apply: Please submit a cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org