Executive Director, Catholic Non-Profit (Annapolis, MD)
World Villages for Children is an established leader in Catholic Missionary outreach to the poorest of the poor across 7 countries in Africa, Asia and Central America. They have managed and delivered an amazingly successful Education, Medical and Food outreach since 1964 and currently have more than 20,000 children in their residential care. They have consistently grown to meet the needs of the poor where they operate, and the 380 Sisters who manage the daily operations live by the Motto “Serve the Lord with Joy”. They are in search of an Executive Director to lead the organization into the future.
- In this role you will be a key member of the organization and work directly with the Board of Directors, The Sisters of Mary and a talented staff to create, implement and deliver on all desired goals and objectives.
- Report to and work closely with the Board of Directors to seek their involvement in policy decisions, fundraising and to increase the overall visibility of the organization.
- You will be responsible for the fiscal integrity of the organization to include submission to the Board of a proposed annual budget and monthly financial statements, which accurately reflect the financial condition of the organization.
- You will be responsible for fundraising and developing other resources necessary to support the financial viability of the organization.
- You will plan, manage and implement the expansion and growth of all programs.
- Manage all employment and administrative policies and procedures for all functions and for the day-to-day operation of the nonprofit.
- You will establish and maintain relationships with various Catholic and philanthropic organizations and utilize those relationships to strategically enhance and achieve the goals and objectives of the organization.
- You will be responsible for the hiring and retention of competent, qualified staff.
- You will be responsible effective administration and oversight of all organizational operations.
- You will oversee all marketing and communication efforts for the organization.
- Other duties as assigned and needed by the Board of Directors.
- A bachelor’s or master’s degree a plus, but a proven track record and experience is highly valued.
- You must be an active practicing Catholic with transparent and high integrity leadership qualities.
- Five or more years senior nonprofit management experience is a must and a CFRE Certification is a plus.
- Solid, hands-on, budget management skills, including budget preparation, analysis, decision-making and reporting.
- Strong organizational abilities including planning, delegating, program development and task facilitation.
- Ability to convey a vision of the organization’s strategic future to staff, board, volunteers and donors.
- Knowledge of fundraising strategies and donor relations unique to nonprofit sector.
- Skills to collaborate with and motivate board members and other volunteers.
- Strong written and oral communication skills.
- Ability to interface and engage diverse volunteer and donor groups.
- Demonstrated ability to oversee and collaborate with a board of directors and staff.
- Strong public speaking ability.
- Willingness to travel as duties require and an enthusiasm for pilgrimages to visit the Sisters and Children about two time a year.
- Commensurate with Experience and Qualifications. We have a target salary in mind but are intent on finding a Candidate who is a great fit for our organization and will meet salary expectation for the right person.
- Full Benefit package
If this position sounds like a great fit for you, please send a Cover Letter and your resume to Mark Crabtree at mark@JobsForCatholics.com for a confidential review and discussion. Best regards and God bless!