The Thomas More Society is a not-for-profit, national public interest law firm dedicated to restoring respect in law for life, family, and religious liberty. Based in Chicago, the Thomas More Society defends and fosters support for these causes by providing high quality pro bono legal service from local trial courts all the way up to the United States Supreme Court.
The Thomas More Society is seeking a Development Coordinator who will report to the Development Director. He or She will manage daily gift deposits, including analysis and processing of daily gift batches in Donor Perfect, a comprehensive, integrated, relational database system; production of gift receipts, individualized acknowledgement letters, assisting Development Associates in maintaining data integrity batch reports in accordance with organization's policy; assist Development Associates in data analysis, maintaining data integrity and adding new data to the database.
- Maintains Donor Perfect database to ensure all gift information is accurate and up-to-date. Ensures updates to the system and is responsible for keeping current with all system updates and training. Assists staff in running reports to obtain general or specific information to support advancement activities.
- Produces individualized donor acknowledgement letters for all gifts received in a timely and accurate fashion.
- Maintains calendar of due dates for events, grants, and other Development ideas and tracks their progress and final reports.
- Audits and confirms accuracy of donor lists. Provides data to assist in monitoring fundraising activities. Creates new lists as directed or to proactively meet fundraising needs. Prepares routine and special queries for reports and event assessments. Utilizes database to create labels, lists, letters, etc.
- Manages the acknowledgement process of donors $1,000 and under.
- On a regular basis, accurately processes and codes all gift receipts & acknowledgements per organization policy. Reconciles all records with the Business Office.
- Works closely with Development Associates to ensure that donor records are accurate and up-to-date and to ensure uniformity and consistency of data.
- Researches potential donors and prepares fundraising prospects profiles. Creates new prospect files and updates and maintains all prospect files.
- Assists organization and Thomas More Society staff in the roll-out of all special events, committee meetings, etc., and meeting arrangements.
- Work with Development Director to develop both short and long term goals and objectives for the organization.
- Perform other duties as assigned by Development Director of Thomas More Society.
- Minimum of two years' experience in fundraising or a related
- Must have experience in database management preferably with Donor Perfect.
- Computer skills in word processing, spreadsheets, data entry, database
- Must be able to work some evenings and weekends to support organization special
- Must have strong interpersonal communication skills, judgment and discretion with confidential
- Must be able to multi-task, work in a fast-paced office and work with multiple priorities and deadlines with
- Excellent written, verbal and organizational
Bachelor's degree in business, non-profit management, a related field or a combination of education and experience is preferred.
How to Apply
To apply for this position please send the following to email@example.com. Please include “Development Coordinator” in the subject line.
- Cover letter including a personal statement of support for the pro-life movement and theThomas More Society’s mission as well as how your experience and background will help advance our mission. Applicants who do not include this in their cover letter will be rejected without further review.
- Salary requirement
- 3 or more professional references
Please note, no telephone inquiries or office visits will be accepted at this time.