Diocese of Green Bay
Office of the Marriage Tribunal
Full time – Benefit eligible
This position is responsible for the general, daily coordination of the marriage Tribunal and for the efficient processing of cases under the direction of the Judicial Vicar. This position will also oversee the preparation of documentary cases, granting of dispensations, preparations for appeal, and many other areas as well as being a resource to parishes and pastors.
MINIMUM KNOWLEDGE, EXPERIENCE AND SKILLS REQUIRED:
“Embrace the mission and vision of the Catholic Diocese of Green Bay and work in accordance with Catholic Social Teachings and the moral and ethical values of the Catholic Church.”
- Must have a JCL or making regular and satisfactory progress toward it.
- 1 to 2 years in Tribunal Practice preferred.
- Must have prior supervisory experience
- Ability to speak and read Spanish helpful
- Excellent understanding of canon law, particularly marriage law and tribunal process as contained in the Code of Canon Law, Dignitas Connubii, Mitis Iudex, and other related sources
- An ability to write sentences, Defender’s briefs, Vota, and letters.
- The capacity to act in the canonical rolls of Judge, Defender, or Instructor as assigned and with the Bishop’s appointment
- Strong analytic skills
- Strong communication and verbal skills
- Ability to collaborate, delegate, and train
- Ability to handle pastorally sensitive, and emotional matters with tact and diplomacy
- Ability to handle highly confidential matters and documents
- Ability to research and keep current on canonical, particularly tribunal related topics.
- Ability to work with minimal supervision
- Ability to travel within the diocese as needed.
- Sufficient understanding of computer technology to perform the job.
If interested in this position, please send your resume to:
These statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work performed by employees assigned to this job classification. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required.