The Nurse Manager provides support and care to patients in a mobile health clinic setting and adheres to professional nursing standards. The Nurse Manager is responsible for performing and supervising clinical functions in accordance with the Pregnancy Help Center's established policies and procedures. The Nurse Manager works under the supervision of the Clinic Director for operations, and under the supervision of the Medical Director for medical services.
- Develops reviews and updates clinic policies and procedures.
- Stays up to date regarding standards of practice. Maintains a focus on continuous quality improvement and assures that PHC adheres to best practices.
- Assures compliance with infection control guidelines.
- Oversees the maintenance of clinical equipment, and the ordering of supplies.
- Manages volunteer and employee nurse schedules to ensure the mobile unit is adequately staffed.
- Works to build a cooperative dynamic among the nursing team.
- Organizes, directs, supervises, and evaluates professional and ancillary personnel
- Oversees health care services, including pregnancy testing.
- Assesses patient needs and establishes a plan of care.
- Provides education and guidance to patients and family members
- Oversees patient follow up per patient care plan and standardized procedures
ROLE OF REGISTERED NURSE IN LIMITED ULTRASOUND (WILL TRAIN)
- Performs limited obstetric ultrasound after completion of training in accordance with established (AWHONN, ACOG or AIUM) guidelines.
- Completes hands-on ultrasound training with a professional credentialed in ultrasound until deemed competent according to the written policies and procedures of the Clinic.
- Nurses will undergo periodic assessment of ultrasound competency
- Ensures written sonogram reports accompanied by video/print pictures will be completed by the nurse or sonographer performing the scan. This is the minimum required documentation.
- Maintains accurate records, care-plans and follow-through, ensure client has completed all forms and charts contain notes about the client visit
- Inputs all client chart history into the database, upload paper document to database, destroy paper records once uploaded to database
- Ensures every sonogram will be read and signed in a timely fashion. It is recommended that sonograms be read within seven working days. May be required to transport medical files to the Medical Director on weekly basis.
- Clients will be given pictures as determined by the medical director. Any pictures provided should not contain measurements or estimates of gestational age.
- Recruits qualified volunteers to meet the needs of the clinic
- Oversees the training and orientation of volunteers
- Conducts meetings to evaluate and improve clinical services, communicate changes in policies, procedures and protocols, and share updates
- Maintains and increases knowledge of preferred pregnancy consultation methods and NIFLA guidelines
- Registered nurses and nurse practitioners will not practice beyond the level of their training
- This job description is not intended to be all-inclusive and the employee will perform other reasonably related duties as assigned by the Executive Director of Clinic Director of Mulier Care.
- Heart of concern for abortion-vulnerable women and families
- Self-motivated, with the ability to motivate others
- Organized, with the ability to manage and complete projects efficiently
- Excellent verbal and written communication abilities
- Extensive healthcare and counseling experience is preferred, but not required
- Bilingual (Spanish-speaking) is a plus, but not required
- Computer proficiency to include word processing, spreadsheets and database management
- Must have a current and active registered nurse license in the state of TN