Administrative Assistant (Chicago)
My Client is a not-for-profit, national public interest law firm dedicated to restoring respect in law for life, family, and religious liberty. They defend and foster support for these causes by providing high quality pro bono legal service from local trial courts all the way up to the United States Supreme Court.
Reports to: President & Chief Counsel and Vice-President & General Counsel
Position Overview: The Administrative Assistant will be responsible for providing administrative and legal support for the President & Chief Counsel, Vice President & General Counsel, and other attorneys of the firm. This includes:
- Manage and maintain legal filing systems in accordance with the firm’s policies.
- Update and maintain the office docketing calendar.
- Maintain attorneys’ calendars and assist with making appointments.
- Facilitate internal communication.
- Answer office phone calls.
- Assist with project management including fundraising and outreach events.
- Draft notices, letters, and other filings.
- Maintain client and co-counsel relationships.
- Assist with donor relations.
- Make travel arrangements for staff and guests
- Submit staff and guest expenses for reimbursement
- Assist with invoice management
- Bachelor’s degree is required. Legal interest is highly desirable. Past experience in legal field and/or in providing secretarial support is desirable.
- Appreciation and support of the Society’s mission.
- Respect for the Magisterium of the Roman Catholic Church. (Note: membership in the Catholic Church is not required, but respect for its teachings is.)
- Demonstrated interest in the pro-life/pro-family movement.
- Knowledge of the basic computer functions and features: Microsoft office suite, Google tools, and Adobe Acrobat is essential. Knowledge of donor software (e.g. Donor Perfect), Lexis, and Basecamp is beneficial.
- Exceptional organizational skills, as well as the ability to be flexible, juggling multiple projects at once.
- Proven reliability and follow-through.
- Ability to work cohesively and cooperate as part of a team in a small office setting.
- Easy-going, ability to work well even under pressure and deadlines.
- High energy personality, self-starter.
- This is a salaried position. Salary is will be commensurate with qualifications and experience.
- Full Benefit package
How to Apply
To apply for this position please send the following:
- Cover letter including a personal statement of support for the Pro-Life Movement, Traditional Family Values and Religious Liberty issues as well as how your experience and background will help advance these causes.
- Salary requirements
- 3 or more professional references
This client operates in a Pro Life, Pro Traditional Family and Religious Freedom environment. You must understand going into this endeavor that a thick skin and strong conviction in your beliefs is necessary. If you would like to discuss this opportunity in detail, please contact me directly. I am very confidential in these matters and look forward to the conversation. Best regards, Mark
Ofc: 303-278-2001 Cell: 303-947-9490