ICA Cristo Rey, an all-girls Catholic, college-preparatory school in San Francisco, is sponsored by the Dominican Sisters of Mission San Jose. Our school community reflects Jesus’ care and concern for all people, and we live in solidarity with our school’s foundress, Mother Maria Pia Backes, and her mission for the young, the poor, and the vulnerable.
ICA Cristo Rey is a member of the Cristo Rey Network of Schools. Our girls engage in a corporate work study experience that makes college preparatory education accessible and affordable.
- Ensure players’ health and safety is taken care of before and during each season of play
- Ensure the school’s and league’s eligibility standards are being followed for practices and games for each team
- Recruit, hire, supervise and evaluate coaches; set standards, expectations, and processes for each competitive level that are in agreement with the ICA Cristo Rey philosophy
- Manage the scheduling of transportation, games, practices, and use of both on and off campus facilities
- Oversee the maintenance and upkeep of sports equipment and the school’s athletic facilities
- Assist with scheduling referees, trainers, scorekeepers, and other necessary personnel for all athletic events
- Maintain league responsibilities; attend Athletic Director meetings; ensure league requirements are met; enforce league policy among team and players.
- Assist with Activities Director in planning larger events such as pep rallies and Spirit Days
- Be a presence at athletic events and act as a liaison for students, families, coaches, and visitors
- Ensure appropriate supervision of students and spectators at both home and away athletic events
- Provide timely notification of upcoming athletic events to the main office, teachers, CWSP staff
- Ensure that seasonal parent meetings are held
- Coordinate with CFO rental of athletic facilities
PE Department Chair
- Lead and support colleagues in the creation and assessment of student-centered, authentic learning experiences for students. Keep informed on educational innovations and trends as they relate to authentic learning and student engagement
- Monitor standards of teaching and learning within the program
- Maintain up-to-date knowledge of new initiatives and incorporate such elements into the PE curriculum as appropriate
- Assume initial responsibility for the development and revision of the PE program
- Recruit, hire, schedule, supervise, and evaluate all PE personnel
- Follow procedures for the proper reporting and notification of student injuries
- Maintain appropriate and up to date first aid and CPR certification
- In collaboration with the principal, develop an annual budget
- Submit timely payment requests including payroll forms
- Other duties as assigned
- Bachelor’s degree, preferably in Athletics, Physical Education or a closely related field.
- Experience and knowledge of student athletic issues; adolescent social and physical development
- Experience working with urban adolescent population
- Send resume, cover letter and references to: email@example.com
- Please respond to the following question (Maximum response: 500 words)
Athletics provide an outlet for students to recognize and realize their full potential. Many values are taught & learned both on and off the field of play. What are three core values that you believe our athletic program should instill in our students and why?