A. Position Overview
The ideal candidate will be a practicing Catholic, faithfully committed to the teachings of the Church. He or she will hold a master's degree in educational leadership or administration and will be eager to work collaboratively with the pastor and dedicated professional staff which helps lead our school family, and he or she will further encourage cooperative works between our school and parish families. A minimum of three years teaching experience at the K-8 level in the Catholic schools with some administrative experience is preferred. Salary is commensurate with experience and qualifications.
- Practicing Catholic
- Committed to the teachings of the Church
- Minimum 3 years experience teaching in K-8 level Catholic schools
- A master's degree in educational leadership or administration
- Administrative experience preferred
- Able to work collaboratively with pastor, staff, school, and parish families
- Able to welcome feedback as a component of professional growth
- Integrate gospel values and Christian social principals into the curriculum and life of the school on a daily basis.
- Cultivate spiritual and professional growth amongst staff and school family.
- Create opportunities for students to grow in faith
- Looks for opportunities to grow and enrich the school's educational offerings for staff and students
- Supervise, evaluate, counsel and develop teachers
- Participate in the review, development, and integration of curriculum in coordination with the Diocesan Office of Education when necessary.
- Look after, defend, and advocate for the best interests of students, school families and teachers
- Work to build a partnership between parish and school through strong communication with pastor and religious education department, as well as other parish groups and stakeholders.
- Capable of planning and managing the school's financial resources
- Capable of refining and adapting school scheduling for students and staff when necessary, with appropriate input from staff.
- Long range thinker