May 30, 2018
Project Operations Manager
Canterbury Pilgrimages & Tours is a full-service tourism company dedicated to providing group travel programs to anywhere in the world that highlights impactful and historically significant aspects of the Catholic and Christian heritage. The goal at Canterbury pilgrimages is to impress on each guest the spiritual and physical richness of a pilgrimage.
We are committed to recruiting and retaining the best talent. We offer competitive compensation and a business culture which rewards performance.
Job Location - Bedford, NH
At Canterbury Pilgrimages we design, plan, and operate custom tour programs for parish groups as small as 20 people to nationally syndicated radio personalities that gather hundreds of the faithful through some of the world's most iconic Christian heritage sites. Each program is tailored to the specific needs and desires of each client. This type of coordination and planning can require hundreds of man hours and tens of thousands of dollars in contractual agreements, tenured contracts and services that furnish each project. With this kind of money on the line we need to be certain that each project lives up to our reputation while keeping overhead at the lowest possible level. The key to this is you.
The Project Operations Manager will be responsible for detailing each project's amenities; Manage project actions and milestones; ensuring cost, schedule, and quality goals are realized.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Manage the master Annual Project List
- Manage project timelines and milestones
- Analyze individual project's requirements
- Collaborate between departments to forecast group's marketing potential
- Gather and manage Air, Hotel, and ground service contracts
- Route, Plan, and produce technical and finished itineraries
- Brief and manage ground tour operators and escorts
- Remain available during off duty hours in emergent cases from travelers abroad
- Broker and negotiate terms of rates for hotel and ground services in order to keep overhead low
- Communicate project's line of amenities confirmed thru Smartsheet, email, and other means of communication
- Record and manage contractual deadlines and milestones
- Submit to finance department contract's deposits and final balance summaries for payment
- Record, track and manage payments made to services confirmed
- track and manage Flight manifest list for accuracy in names, DOB, and passport control data
- Manage deliverable items to Airlines, hotels, Bus, and ground services in accordance with deadlines and milestones.
- Assist in special projects as requested.
As the Project Operations Manager you will oversee each project's status from the cradle to the grave. The amount of oversight will require a level of attention to detail during normal business hours and occasionally during off duty hours and weekends that will ensure that our quality commitment integrity is maintained.
Dependent on the applicant's level of experience and other factors, Canterbury Pilgrimages will offer to the qualified candidate an annual salary in the range of 40-60k
Minimum qualifications and requirements:
- High school diploma or equivalent
- 2 yrs project management experience or similar
- Demonstrate basic knowledge of Microsoft suit products
- Proficient in written and spoken correspondence
- Hold a valid driver's license
Strong consideration will be given to a candidate that possesses the following:
- Bachelor's degree or higher in Business Administration or similar
- Demonstrate proficiency in bi-lingual conversation; Spanish and English
About the Employer
Canterbury Pilgrimages & Tours organizes Catholic Pilgrimages to shrines around the world. Check us out at: https://www.canterburypilgrimages.com
Bedford, NH, USA