Finance professional with MBA degree and 10+ years of financial planning and analysis experience with medium to large organizations in entertainment, defense, and higher education industries. Expertise includes:
- Annual budget
- Quarterly and monthly forecast
- Long-term plan
- Month-end and quarter-end close
- P&L analysis and reporting
- Business decision support
Apr 2013 - Jun 2018
Warner Bros. Entertainment Group
- Assisted with preparation of annual budget, quarterly forecasts, and long-term plan for WBSF Burbank (US) and Leavesden (UK) facilities. Responsibilities included consolidating, reconciling, and analyzing financial statements to ensure timely and accurate deliverables.
- Managed the quarterly forecast process. Communicated requirements to finance managers, gathered forecasts, reviewed financial input, and uploaded data to MS Access database and SAP.
- Prepared quarterly P&L reporting package of actual vs. forecast vs. prior year to support business decisions. Package included cause of change explanations, Key Performance Indicators (KPIs), impact of foreign exchange rate fluctuations, and risks and opportunities.
- Updated, reconciled, and analyzed fringe expenses. Prepared monthly fringe analysis report, identified differences between actual and planned performance, and presented findings to senior management.
- Led training sessions for FP&A group to facilitate learning and increase efficiencies.
Feb 2006 - Aug 2012
- Conducted in-depth monthly variance analyses of actual vs. budget vs. forecast for CIO review. Researched cause of change, provided re-forecasts, and identified cost reduction opportunities.
- Produced monthly financial report for ES Business Management Director to facilitate business decisions. Report included key performance drivers, financial trends, and recommendations for business solutions.
- Supported creation, examination, and delivery of NSD annual operating budget. Coordinated planning activities, assisted with process deliverables, and represented Business Manager in review meetings.
- Participated in sector-wide cost reduction efforts. Conducted analysis of hardware and software maintenance/licenses, incorporated business best practices, and identified risks and opportunities.
Aug 2005 - Dec 2005
Sungard Systems - Robert Half Finance & Accounting
- Produced monthly management reports, analyzed results, researched variances, and updated forecasts.
- Maintained financial models supporting budgeting, forecasting, and planning processes.
- Assisted with preparation of consolidated annual operating budget of US, Europe, and Asia Pacific branch locations.
Jun 2004 - Jul 2005
- Produced Parking and Transportation survey report including analyses of transportation programs and commuting behaviors of the Stanford community.
- Performed user acceptance testing during conversion of point of sale system into new Oracle environment.
Jan 2000 - Aug 2003
- Prepared annual parking rate proposal including financial forecasts, price sensitivity analyses, and rate increase scenarios. In doing so, supported the implementation of alternative transportation programs.
- Developed a lease vs. buy financial model to evaluate the purchase of a fleet of transportation buses for the campus community. Prepared cash-flow analysis, calculated key financial metrics (NPV, ROI, IRR, and payback), assessed financial risks, and evaluated impact of proposed investment.
- Led and coordinated software development efforts to support department database. Supervised implementation of system enhancement and maintenance projects.
Aug 1995 - Dec 1998
Santa Clara University
Bachelor of Science
Aug 1976 - Jun 1982
Instituto Tecnologico de Monterrey, Mexico