Area Service Manager
Nov 2013 -
Lead a commercial Heating, Ventilation, Air Conditioning (HVAC) depot conducting 24/7 operations in a tri-state area; supervise personnel installing, decommissioning, maintaining, and repairing industrial cooling equipment, industrial air compressors and generators (valued at over $10,000,000); coordinate logistics with trucking companies and supply vendors; direct heavy machinery (cranes/forklifts) moving and securing equipment; manage inventory to include documentation, ordering, tracking and receiving; enforce compliance with all OSHA and EPA requirements; manage budget by controlling spending, forecasting requirements, cutting waste, and shrewd labor utilization.
- Oversee all facets of employee administration: candidate selection and interviews, onboarding, safety and technical training, work schedule, quarterly and annual evaluations, exit interviews, etc.
- Established two depots from the ground up: selected vendors (evaluated proposals and negotiated rates), purchased all tools and equipment, coordinated building and equipment requirements (security, power, fuel, maintenance, etc.)
- Implemented Lean principles: created audits, conducted rapid improvement events, increased technician efficiency through standardized work, developed training process for new technicians
- Responsible for an operating budget of over $1,000,000; maintained costs below budget every year
Instructional Systems Designer
Aug 2013 -
Developed curriculum for the Federal Bureau of Investigation’s Training Academy; analyzed previous curriculum content; proposed changes to structure, content and delivery method; conducted focus groups and created survey to ensure training content met real world needs.
Operations Manager/Senior Advisor
Aug 2009 - Jul 2013
Managed an organization conducting unique military intelligence missions directly supporting Army and Joint Forces Commanders; provided professional development and mentorship to the personnel of the unit; planned, directed and evaluated organization-level training; supervised all facets of administration; coordinated personnel regulatory requirements with higher headquarters; ensured good order and discipline in the unit.
- Utilized the ADDIE model to restructure organization core competencies training; created realistic scenario based training
- focused on skills needed to survive in a deployed environment
- Designed, developed and taught a personal protection program for 30 personnel; topics covered various aspects of survival to include psychology, mobility and defensive tactics
- Created leadership training program utilizing lecture, mentors and hands on performance assessments; developed the junior leaders’ knowledge, skills and attitudes needed to effectively lead their subordinates
- Reorganized organization’s structure to account for a 20 percent increase in personnel; ensured proper personnel placement and expanded mission capability
Bachelors of Arts
Thomas Edison State University