I’m a marketing leader with 10 years developing and implementing high-impact marketing strategies.
I’m passionate about helping Catholic organizations thrive and applying my talents as a servant-leader to build the Kingdom of God.
San Francisco, CA
Jan 2013 - Nov 2018
Mission Dolores Academy
Responsible for all marketing, $2 MM donor P&L at independent, inner-city Catholic K-8 school. Grew revenue 102%, donor base 53%; met or beat budget every year.
- Developed fundraising strategy, annual goals, marketing plan, budget
- Hired, managed, developed three-person staff; oversaw 20+ vendors, calendar, budget
- Led re-branding; implemented across all assets incl. new website
- Developed, executed new donor lifecycle program delivering targeted, high-affect content
- Added 8 new channels incl. email, social, paid, SEO, YouTube, PR to marketing mix
- Crafted compelling story using profiles, imagery, humor, program updates, KPIs, more
- Provided creative direction to Marketing Manager; wrote copy; reviewed, edited materials
- Created new digital, print assets incl. annual report, newsletters, videos, web pages & microsites, enablement kit, social media posts, event materials, press releases
- Interviewed donors, surveyed parents; used insights to improve messaging, segmentation
- Analyzed program KPIs for insights; presented results, findings to board quarterly
Marketing Program Manager
Feb 2008 - Jan 2013
Managed lifecycle program for six-product, $60 MM online-payments LOB w/6 MM users. Delivered double-digit annual growth despite challenging economic environment.
- Partnered w/VP to develop strategy, marketing plan, campaigns to achieve growth goals
- Managed campaign calendar; project managed campaigns, creative updates (digital and print); channels included website, email, direct mail, branches, Sales
- Partnered w/cross-functional team incl. product, data, channel, creative agency, analytics
- Designed, implemented A-B tests; identified, scaled high-performing content, channels
- Monitored results vs. forecast; adjusted plan, re-allocated resources as appropriate
- Analyzed program, campaign results incl. ROI; researched competitors to gain insights
Sep 2003 - Jun 2005
University of California at Davis
I hired Matt and was his manager for four years. Matt quickly impressed, he is a real self-starter, with strong analytical skills, who is both strategic and creative. During the period Matt worked on my team, the organization went through multiple re-orgs and changes, Matt not only kept pace with the changes, but thrived and was a real asset to the team. Matt is the consummate marketing professional, customer-focused, creative, collaborative, goal-oriented, and a clear and confident communicator. Matt’s work ethic, enquiring mind, positivity, and genuine concern for his customers and his colleagues earned my respect and admiration as well as that of his peers and leadership.
Head of Marketing, Insurance - Wells Fargo