● Led story development strategy for both daily production and future planning, including developing enterprise stories and focused series.
● Provided editorial direction and guidance.
● Prepared and managed editorial, production, and technical budgets; Managed newsroom operations
and staff with a more than $4 million budget.
● Successfully transitioned to remote working during the COVID-19 pandemic and implemented new
technologies and processes to ensure smooth and efficient collaboration with team members and
smooth production of news content.
● Led and managed special event planning, including presidential elections and political and religious
● Guided staff in news production.
● Managed newsroom staff to ensure the quality of on-air and online content.
● Directed and guided on-air reporters and producers in talent development and improving the quality
of on-air product and script writing.
● Developed and implemented long-term planning strategy and monthly future events.
● Leadership in newsroom operations and staff.
● Produced various newscasts, including leading the re-launch of our morning newscast on TV20 WMYD-TV.
● Line produced during breaking news stories, including severe weather, bridge collapse, gas tanker fire, and police chases.
● Field produced from special events such as the North American International Auto Show and the Detroit Grand Prix.
● Posted stories and videos on the station's website and social media pages.