At the Augustine Institute, I was blessed to experience an incredible time of growth and professional development. My role as Marketing Coordinator was a newly created position, and I am grateful that I had the chance to define and grow it. I had the opportunity to juggle multiple projects at once, allowing me to demonstrate my strong work ethic and maintain drive and momentum through project completion. It gave me the ability to hone the skills it takes to balance diverse work tasks and exercise creative thinking. My supervisor at the Augustine Institute praised my ability to effectively prioritize many projects in the midst of a very fast paced environment. She felt confident in asking me to take on additional responsibilities, all of which I accepted and excelled with the challenge.
Throughout my experiences, I have refined my meticulous organizational skills and have learned to complete high-quality projects under tight deadlines while keeping in mind the target goal and all subtleties involved with my subject matter.
I was blessed to work with a highly dedicated team whose priority was to work for the better of the kingdom of God. To be part of that team required me to stay highly organized and focused, all while working on many projects at once between numerous internal departments, as well as outside organizations including FOCUS, St. Paul Center for Biblical Theology, and the Archdiocese of Denver, among others.
Prior to being at the Augustine Institute, during my time at Franciscan University of Steubenville, I hit the ground running, taking full advantage, not only of the superlative classroom education but also seeking to expand my education through tangible job experiences on campus and beyond. I capitalized on every opportunity that would get me the experience I needed to work for the Catholic Church. I graduated from college with what I know was an outstanding education with significant, relevant skills and experience that make me well qualified to serve you.
Thank you so much for your time and consideration!
May 2017 - Aug 2018
- Managed projects and launches from inception to implementation. Obtained necessary information from the numerous internal departments and external organizations (description, budget, positioning, specs, deadlines, audience, etc.)
- Created and managed end of the year digital appeal for Development Office.
- Managed schedule and project workflow. Facilitated project kickoffs.
- Administered FORMED and assisted with Augustine Institute social media channels.
- Wrote and executed social strategies and editorial calendar.
- Developed and owned master project calendar.
- Trained internal teams on project management calendar and software (Asana.)
- Created testimonial database and media relations database.
- Wrote and executed annual customer survey.
- Owned public relations responsibilities including writing press releases and sending product to influencers.
Aug 2015 - May 2017
- Wrote, edited, uploaded and scheduled blog posts and media for steubenvilleconferences.com and steubenvillefuel.com.
- Managed Facebook, Twitter, Instagram and Pinterest accounts.
- Collected stock photos and quotes for use for web graphics.
- Designed graphics for social media and emails.
- Worked with Adobe Photoshop, Facebook, Twitter/Tweetdeck, Pinterest and Instagram.
- Working knowledge of MailChimp and WordPress.
Media Relations Assistant
May 2016 - May 2017
Office of Communications - Franciscan University
- Created and sent press releases on events at Franciscan University of Steubenville.
- Assisted in tracking media contacts database.
- Adapted to department’s writing style.
- Utilized Internet research abilities.
Totus Tuus Team Leader
May 2015 - Aug 2015
Grand Island Diocese of Nebraska
- Led a team of four as we worked with hundreds of children ages 6-18 conducting classroom lessons and retreat-style talks on virtues, the Beatitudes, the Sorrowful Mysteries of the Rosary, and Theology of the Body.
- Worked as an intermediary between parish staff and the Totus Tuus program.
Feb 2015 - Apr 2015
The Washington Times
- Met firm deadlines for a daily print and web publication.
- Wrote a wide range of stories for the national politics, international news, business, and metro desk using AP style.
Communications and Marketing Intern
May 2014 - Aug 2014
Girls Scouts of Colorado
- Managed Facebook, LinkedIn, Twitter, Shutterfly and WordPress accounts.
- Wrote on upcoming events to be published on website and blog.
- Edited and wrote press releases.
- Assisted in writing and filming recruitment video.
- Participated in conference calls with Girl Scouts USA.
- Edited blog posts, monitored social media platforms, wrote for blog, and assisted in promoting the Girl Scout name using Girl Scouts USA new "I Can't Wait" theme.
- Assisted in the writing and filming of a 20-minute long recruitment video with Comcast Inc.
Aug 2013 - May 2017
Franciscan University of Steubenville